Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Shameful Confession....

Since not really in the mood to post anything serious or profound at the moment, I've decided to take the day off and dedicate this post to all things random and zany!



But before I begin I felt that I needed to share a very important secret of mine that I have been hiding from you girls for far too long. At first I thought it was very shameful and a tad bit overcompulsive. When I looked at how this behavior had affected my life I just wanted to hang my head in despair. Countless times I have tried breaking myself of this awful habit, but to no avail. It seems that no matter how far I try to run away and forever leave this wretched part of me behind, I just keep falling back into my old ways once again. But now, no more secrets. No more hiding. No more. It's time I confessed.



Please. No harsh judgments. This is hard enough for me already.

.

.

.

..



.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.

I have an incurable addiction



.

.

.

.

.

.



.

.

to

.



.

.

.

.

.



.

.



.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.

(waiting--cue elevator music).



.

.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.

.



.

.

.(doop dee doop bop bop bow wow)

.

.

.

.



.

.

.

.

.



.

.



.

.

.



.

..



.

.



.

.

.. Please don't laugh.



.

.

.

.



.

.

..........................................................












CEREAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




A HA!! GOTCHA THERE DIDN'T I?


Yes, it's true. I LOVE cereal!!


Amo i cereali!


(that's Italian!)




I inherited this bizarre trait from my dad who eats about as much cereal as I do.


Right now I have about 6 or 7 boxes (some opened, some unopened) in my panty. Shameful I know. But I never seem to have enough. Every time I go food shopping, no matter how much cereali I currently have, I always find myself browsing through the colorfully decorated, happy rectangular boxes, longing to try another. More often than not I'll pick up a box or two of a brand that I haven't tried yet, throw it into my little shopping basket, and make my way to the checkout counter.


I don't really know what it is that I love about cereal so much--I just do! Maybe it's the crunchiness of the grain, or the slightly sweet taste, or maybe it's just the overwhelming oatiness that wins my heart over everytime. Who knows :)


When I was just a wee lassie


(breaking out my Scottish roots--no I'm not really Scottish, but I can pretend right? right)


I would seriously eat like 2 or 3 bowls of cereal every day. Applejacks, Cookie Crisp, Quaker Squares, and then my favorite, Cocoa Pebbles!!! Gotta love those guys!


Even during the worst years battling my eating disorder I still found that I couldn't completely give up my love for cereal.


Of course back in the day I was more into the sugar-coated sweet stuff endorsed by creepy mascot characters (note--it's perfectly fine if you guys like these kinds of cereal. I still find myself missing my Cocoa Pebbles. I don't mean to trigger anyone here. And Tony the Tiger is perfectly okay too...just a little bit on the smiley side).


But now I have found that my palate has been refined and I prefer cereals with a little bit more bulk to keep me full.


You guys probably want to know what I have in my pantry now right?


Awwwwww. .....okay. Just let me go check.




Be back in a sec.....






(more elevator music)




OKAY!!




Are you ready?




*Quaker Oatbran (my love)


*Tub of Quick Cooking Quaker Oats


*Bob's Red Mill 5 Grain Oats


*Kashi Puffs


*Kashi Autumn Wheat


*Kashi GoLean! Crunch Granola


*Barbara's Bakery Cinnamon Puffins


*Barbara's Bakery Organic Wheetabix


*Barbara's Bakery Shredded Wheat (biscuits, not bite-size)


*Barbara's Bakery Shredded Oats (to replace my love for Quaker Oatmeal Squares aka my favorite childhood cereal)

*Nature's Path Ginger Zing Granola

*Perky's 100% Natural Nutty Rice Cereal (a dud in my opinion, the little grains all clump together in milk and just aren't filling. I think they'd be better for baking recipes).

*Cascadian Farm Organic Purely O's


Wow, I guess I have a lot more cereal than I thought!

And you know what? I still want to try more!!
Yes, I know I have a problem but I am okay with that.



Well, I hope you guys had a good laugh and were able to maybe reminisce a little and just unwind!






Love and hugs!

7 comments:

Jenny March 28, 2009 at 11:03 AM  

ahh haha you got me there girl.. I love cereal too =)

Laura March 28, 2009 at 11:28 AM  

hehe I would eat cereal for every meal if my boyfriend let me yum yum!

Elle March 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

You're not alone in your cereal addiction!! I always eat 2 bowls of special k w/ red berries + a sliced banana before I go to bed - I seriously can't sleep otherwise. I tend to go through phases where I eat one kind of cereal...I had a long love affair with Raisin Bran Crunch during my freshman year of college. :)

Kiki March 28, 2009 at 12:33 PM  

Ah such suspense!! I love cereal too. I just got some yummy new stuff at TJ's today. Go for the cocoa pebbles, if you miss them! Have a wonderful saturday! Much love

Stef (More to Life Than Lettuce) March 29, 2009 at 2:30 AM  

Wowza! I love cereal too! I've strayed from my love affair but I'm getting back into it big time. I'm a fan of Kashi's Heart to Heart right now but I think I need to expand my horizons and try some of your faves!

Aubrey Nicole Lee March 30, 2009 at 4:04 AM  

got me there huh?

hahahah!

me too! We even have this cool place in the Phil. It's called Cerealicious. It's cereal bar actually, great cereal eats to choose from ;)

LizNoVeggieGirl April 3, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Well hey, I'm addicted to Peanut Butter Puffins (I eat them EVERY SINGLE DAY), so it's all good :-D