Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday...Hallelujah!

Good evening girls! Not a whole lot happened today except for going to church and the gym and grocery shopping, so I'll spare you some of the boring details. Let's start with the eats though shall we?

Breakfast
Totally Yummy Carrot Cake Oats, curteousy of the lovely Kiki. This is my second time making it and I have got to tell you, I am hooked. Here's how I made it:

1/2 c oatmeal
1 TB Vanilla Yogurt
5 shredded carrots (great way to get in your veggies in the manana)
Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg and a dash of Ginger to taste
1/2 c Silk Lite Vanilla
Yummo!
and
1 fuji apple on the side
6 almonds

Lunch
I was feeling a little adventurous but not really in the mood for anything sweet so I decided to make....... Hummus French Toast (bare with me, it was actually pretty good, though VERY filling)

What you do is heat up the stovetop like normal, and prepare your batter using:

1/2 c Liquid Allwhites
Dried Chives to taste
1 TB Silk Lite Vanilla
2 Slices of No Salt Bread (or whatever your preference)

Make the two slices of French Toast and then spread one half with 2 TB hummus and 1 oz of avochado, top it with the other slice and enjoy!

I also had it with
1 granny smith apple
Assorted veggies
Cherry tomato

Snack
Banana Bread Lara Bar (I had to eat my snack in the grocery store while me and my mom were shopping, cuz I didn't have enough time to eat it at home. It was very...um...awkward...but still totally yummy! But I was really proud of myself that I didn't give in to my ED and skip eating my snack like I used to in the past. I kept it hidden in my pocket and periodically tore off bites off it because I was afraid that one of the store clerks would think I was stealing and nab me! I know, crazy right?)

Dinner
1/2 c Kashi 7 Grain Pilaf (so yummy, it's like a sophisticated version of rice)
3 oz of cooked tofu
Cherry Tomato
Assorted veggies
1 small red pear
Cascade Lemon Yogurt

About the only exciting thing that happened this morning was that it snowed. For once I actually wasn't too worried and was able to enjoy the delicate snowfall outside that blanketed our small (SMALL) town. As I was driving around today I could actually see each individual structure of the delicate snowflakes that landed on my window. And just as quickly as they landed, they melted away into a small puddle, leaving behind only the memory of their existence. Wow, I'm getting all poetic here. I just thought that it was really neat how even in the tiniest, most insignificant places if we would take the time to slow down and look at the world around us, we can see evidence of God's magnificent hand in creation. Like the blossoming of a flower bud into a plump, succulent apple--amazing.

Church today also had a powerful message that I would like to share with you. Right now we are doing a series about how to get unstuck in your life. Very relevant. The message was simply this:

"Even though I may not be happy where I am right now, thank God I am not where I used to be."

Very true.

Good night girls, and God bless!

1 comments:

Kiki January 26, 2009 at 7:16 AM  

I'm glad you like carrot cake oats so much! Hummus french toast actually sounds really good.

I like that message. Even though recovery is hard and there are some days when we struggle a lot, at least we've made progress so we aren't locked in ED's prison anymore.