Monday, February 2, 2009

Bowling, Yogurt, and New Shoes!

Wow, I can't believe I actually made it through the week. At one point I thought it would never end.

On Saturday my friends called me up out of the blue and spontaneously decided that we were going to go BOWLING!!! Oh yea! I seriously love bowling! I even love the bowling shoes (minus the small, minor detail about how only like a million people have worn them before me) because they come in wacky colors and make you gliiide across the floor. So much fun....


Now I don't mean to brag or anything but I can bowl a pretty mean game. Naturally, I didn't win the first round--that was just a warm up, and I didn't want to show off. But let me tell ya by the second game I was on FI-YA! Ha! ha! Actually I only came in second place..but I did roll one strike out of the three games that we played, so I think I did pretty well.

There was this one guy who we went with claimed that he had never gone bowling before. Seriously? Who hasn't gone bowling? It's like a rite of passage or something. The hottest birthday party event for little kids. NO body has never gone bowling before! So we were like in complete shock and kept trying to get him to join in with us, but he refused! Finally, by the third game he agreed to play with us just for fun. Well, for somebody who has never bowled in his entire life, this guy totally creamed us. It was like this guy had been gifted with some sort of natural talent. Pshh, beginner's luck.

After bowling we still wanted to hang out some more so then we went to WalMart to look at some socks and get some ice cream. I didn't get any ice cream though because I still have some fear issues to work on. It's also crazy to eat at 12:00 at night. And when my friends asked me why I didn't want any I said that I was tired and then I said that calories at this hour are negative anyway to make people laugh. By the time I got home it was past 1 and when my head hit the pillow I didn't wake up until 9:30 the next morning. It was quite a fun night!

The next day my madre took me shopping for some new running shoes!!! I love getting a new pair of running shoes, feeling the firmness of fresh leather between my fingers as I lace them up for the first time, and the crisp colors virgin to the dusty outdoor weather and a rugged terrain. I got me a pair of some jet black Nike's with little pink Nike signs on the sides. BTW, Nike is the ONLY way to go. Just do it!

I have also been wanting to tell you about my newest obsession: Greek Yogurt!! I swear since that one day I bought it for dinner last week, I have not been able to go a day without this stuff. So rich, and creamy and thick! It's perfect for pairfaits or eaten straight out of the container.Love love love my Fage and Oikos, love love love it. I'm eating it right now too:)



Here's the eats for today

Breakfast
Oat Bran w/cinnamon
Granny Smith Apple
6 almonds
Cascade Cherry Yogurt
5 carrots

Lunch
French Toast! (I eat this waaay too much, lol)
2 Slices No Salt Bread
1/2c Liquid Egg Whites
1 TB Peanut Butter
2 TB Silk Lite Vanilla and lottsa cinnamon
Assorted Veggies
Small red pear
5 carrots

Snack
1/2c Blueberries and Strawberries

Dinner
Assorted veggies w/
2 TB Hummus
Container of Oikos Plain Greek Yogurt w/
1 c Kashi Heart to Heart
1/2c Blueberries and Strawberries

I've really been struggling with body image, my body, and food lately so that is why some of my meals have been cut back. I am really trying, but some days everything is just too much. I would really appreciate some support or advice or anything. Thanks, you gals are the best!!

School is also kicking my butt lately so my posts may be more infrequent. And there is a sequel to Hold on Tight, I just haven't gotten to posting it yet. hum de hum. Tonight I gots to study for an Italiano test (Oy vey!) and do some Sosh homework.

Arrivederci!

[that's italian for good-bye:)]

0 comments: