Monday, February 9, 2009

Synopsis

Sunday

Sunday was a definite day of rest for me. I felt so tired from Habitat for Humanity that I really didn't feel like doing much. I actually fell asleep on the couch after my morning walk! I've never allowed myself to do that before. But I'm glad I did because it felt good!

For breakfast I had one of my new obsessions!

Oikos with Wheetabix!! So yummy!! Never fails to keep me full either.

Then for lunch I was CRAVING french toast, but I wanted to try something new. So I took the idea from Kiki to make carmelized apples, and topped my toasts with them! Delish! Thanks girl!


Since the weather was really...unpleasant...outside I went to the rec center to get in a good workout. I did about 15 minutes on the bicycle, and 15 minutes on the eliptical. Then I did some light weight training and stability ball exercises. Felt great!

After working out, I went with mi madre to go food shopping. Lately whenever I go food shopping I always feel a little down, because I would like to challenge myself but am too scared too. I also feel like I am missing something. I just can't wait for the day when I walk out of the store with a whole bunch of goodies in tow that I want to eat. Look at the size of this apple I found! It must be twice the size of a baseball!! This one's just for you Jamie!!



On the List
Granny Smith Apples
2 Packages of Firm Tofu
Loaf of No-Salt Bread
Amy's Low-Sodium Pinto Bean Soup (thought I'd try something new)
Private Selection's Low-Sodium Tomato Soup (can't get enough of this!!)
Assorted Frozen Veggies (brocolli carrot mushroom celery green bean mixes, this really helped with my early digestive issues this year).
Wallaby Low-Fat Vanilla Yogurt (never tried before but looked yummy!)
Cascade Lemon and Cherry Yogurts
OIKOS PLAIN!!! (I am soooooo happy they now carry it at our store!)
Plum tomatoes
Peeled Baby Carrots


Dinner was a delicious blend of veggies and some tofu and bean stirfry!



A satisfying meal to end the day!!

Sunday's Eats

Breakfast
Oikos Plain
2 Wheetabix
6 almonds
Granny Smith

Lunch
2 Slices No-Salt Bread
1 TB Peanut Butter
1/2c Liquid Egg Whites
1/2 Red delicious carmelized
Other half raw
Assorted Veggies
Cascade Cherry Yogurt

Snack
1/2c Blueberries
1c Silk Lite Vanilla

Dinner
6 oz Tofu
1/2c Kidney Beans
1 TB Nutrional Yeast
Assorted Veggies
All stir-fryed in Vegetable Broth
2 Clementines


Monday

For breakfast I went with my old favorite: Oatbran with PB and a Cascade Cherry Yogurt. This combination never fails to please, because it tastes like a cobbler. Then because I was on a time limit today, I grabbed a quick shower and got dressed for my jean-shopping trip!
I was SO nervous about today because it was my FIRST TIME EVER DRIVING ALONE ON THE HIGHWAY!!! (welllll...that is if you don't count my 1 1/2 hour detour into the city that one day when I got lost). The merge was the thing that I was most worried about. But when the time came, I accelerated steadily and made a smooth transition. A few minutes later and I was no longer afraid. I just cruised along having the time of my life. I can't wait to do it again!

After coming back from jean-shopping I whipped up this super-quick, yummy lunch before heading off to the rec center.

Isn't that plate gorgeous!! What we have here is one sliced orange bell pepper, slices of plum tomato, 2 oz of tuna, and 4 TBSP of Hummus. I also had a glass of warmed Silk Lite Vanilla with cocoa powder and 5 Melba Toasts. The pepper, believe it or not, was actually a challenge because for 1. It was a WHOLE pepper (small but still) and for 2. Usually I have a serving of steamed veggies for my meals.
At the rec center I was still feeling a bit down about the whole "leg" issue. I was actually nervous about exercising because I was afraid that I was just going to make my toned muscles even bigger. Boy was today hard...Anyways, I did some walking for about 15 minutes, jogged at a steady pace for 25 minutes, and then walked for the last ten minutes. Then it was lickedy-split, back home to prepare my dinner and off to work!
Thankfully the kids weren't so difficult to work with today. I actually felt less stressed when I was working with them, and managed to get a lot of their homework done. At about 5:15 my tummy started rumbling so I decided to challenge myself by snacking on my apples then instead of waiting to eat them with dinner. I am very proud to say that I listened to my hunger cues in this situation and when I was eating dinner I didn't miss their absence.
I packed some Tomato Soup with tofu cubes and Nutrional Yeast for dinner. I also ate some steamed veggies. Perfect!

And now if you would excuse me, it is waaaay past my bedtime and I NEED to turn in!
Goodnight!

Monday's eats
Breakfast
1/2c Oatbran
1 TB Peanut Butter
Granny Smith Apple
Cascade Cherry Yogurt
10 Carrots
Lunch
Sliced Pepper
4 TB Hummus
2 oz Tofu
Assorted Veggies
Slices of Plum Tomato
Granny Smith Apple
1c Silk Lite Vanilla
5 Melba Toasts
Snack
1c Silk Lite Vanilla
1/4c Blueberries
Dinner
6 oz Tofu
1c Private Selection Low-Sodium Tomato Soup
1 TB Nutritional Yeast
Assorted Veggies
Granny Smith Apple

7 comments:

Jess February 10, 2009 at 9:00 AM  

Wow! What a great post! All the food and exercise sounds wonderfully yummy and fun. Have a great day and enjoy those socks ;)
<3 jess :)
xxx

Kiki February 10, 2009 at 11:32 AM  

Yay, pictures! Everything looks yum! I don't take credit for the apple idea, it's Fay's actually. Glad the gym went well, enjoy your Tuesday!

Jaime February 10, 2009 at 6:25 PM  

aww LOVE the apple girl :) thanks for thinkin of me! can i just honestly say that i've been reading your blog for a bit now-- and i can see you DEFINITELY improving on your food! seriously!!!! (i'm not trying to pass judgement or anything-- i KNOW how hard ED can be trust me!) i just think you are doing AMAZING, not to mention i can sense such POSITIVITY and MOTIVATION in your posts lately! :) you are doing GREAT girl!!!!!! love the eats too! isn't oikos awesome!?! xoxoxo

Jaime February 10, 2009 at 8:41 PM  

your dinners seem more substantial and balanced! and i believe one of the first times you posted your mid afternoon snack was only a few strawberries-- now it's 1/2 cup of berries-- a small but very important step!!! and your overall attitude just seems immensely positive lately!!!! :) i just want to tell you how seriously it takes SO much time to gain weight and A LOT of effort, maybe this will give you some more comfort to add a bit more? just a suggestion!! but i think you are dong marvelously!

Sheena February 11, 2009 at 8:34 AM  

Hey sweetie!

I think this is my first time to comment, but I wanted to introduce myself. Everything looks so yummy, especially the tomato soup and tofu. And your pics are great too (I am still trying to get teh hang of taking good food pics).

Anyways, i am glad teh gym went well. Take care!!!

aussirish February 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

great eats hun :) and thanks for the sweet comments, they mean alot!
have a wonderful night
xxxx

aussirish February 11, 2009 at 11:44 AM  

great eats hun :) and thanks for the sweet comments, they mean alot!
have a wonderful night
xxxx