Saturday, February 21, 2009

I Hit the Jackpot!!!

At the library.
So me and my dad just got back from our outing this afternoon. We were supposed to go bowling, one of our favorite things to do, but when we got there the place was PACKED!! AND I MEAN PACKED!! There must have been like 5 birthday parties going on all at once. Since the wait for a lane was like an hour and a half, we decided to just shop around and go to the library instead.

I am so glad we did!!! Our library has this new huge section of free books, and I always manage to find at least one good thing. My dad says it's like an addiction: once you find one good thing you always keep coming back for more. Well this time I hit the motherload. Right on the bottom shelves were dozens upon dozens of my favorite book series that I used to read when I was a little girl! The Sweet Valley Twins and Sweet Valley University!! I have been looking for these books for ages but can never seem to find more than a few at my libraries. I have seriously read and re-read my collection at least 5 times each. They are just too good!!

Well when I saw these books I immediately yelled "DAD!! DAD!! BRING THE CAR AROUND!!" and started snatching them off of the shelves. Quickly I found a big ole carboard box and stacked them all in there, and guarded that box with my life!! haha. I haven't counted my stash yet, but I must have found at least 50 books. I can't wait to start reading them!! This is seriously going to cut into my homework time!!!

So that was the highlight of my day. I also went to the gym earlier this morning for an O-MAZE-ING energizing workout!! I love getting in my workout in the morning because it sets my day off right and eases some of my stress. Plus, since I have been eating a morning snack I just feel like I have SO MUCH MORE ENERGY than I used to. Seriously, I couldn't understand how you all could just plug away for 40 minutes on the eliptical, but now I totally understand. Yesterday I did 30 minutes straight, but still felt like I could keep going forever. It feels GREAT!!!



Today's Workout
(I am sticking to 50 minutes at the gym, with 30 minutes of strenous exercise as per my doctor's orders).
20 minutes of brisk speed-walking while be-bopping out to the Newsboys on my phone
20 minutes of an intense workout on the arc trainer
10 minutes of interval running and walking
So I am seriously excited for tonight because........
My youth group is going salsa dancing!!
This is the first time I have ever been salsa dancing before and I am just itching to go!! I'm glad that I am starting to take some risks like going out at night and having fun with my friends, instead of worrying about exercise and food. For once I feel a lot more free.
Hope you guys have a great night!! I will post an update about the dancing later!!
Love ya!!
Today's Eats

Breakfast
2 Wheetabix biscuits
1 TB PB & CO Cinnamon Raisin PB
Fage 0%
1/2 Banana
Red Delicious Apple

Snack
1 c Organic Cheerios
1 TB Honey
1/2 Banana
6 almonds
1 c Silk Lite Vanilla

Lunch
For lunch I made a stirfry of carrots, rice, edamame, peppers, and tomatoes. It was so colorful and looked so beautiful).
1/3c Brown Rice
1/2c Edamame
1 oz Avocado
1/2 Small Plum Tomato
7 chopped carrots (ya, I'm weird about carrot consumption, 10 is ED's max for some odd reason).
Assorted Veggies
Red Delicious Apple
Cascade Lemon Yogurt

Snack
TLC Kashi Pumpkin Pie Bar
I ate this while looking for books at the library. This is sooo good and I am so glad I just decided to go ahead and try them. The chewy texture of the glaze mixed with the crunchiness of the oats and the sweet pumpkin, cinnamon flavor--mmmm!
1 c Silk Lite Vanilla warmed with 1 TB Cocoa Powder

Dinner
2 Slices No-Salt Bread
3 oz Tofu
2 TB Hummus
Assorted Veggies
Some kind of fruit, probably an apple




FYI, I am serioulsy in love with bananas now. And I have you girls to thank! Ever since seeing them on your blogs, I have been wanting to try them again. Believe it or not but they used to be a HUGE fear food of mine. But now I think I have eaten one every day since the dietician's appointment. I also have one chilling in the fridge with my name on it (literally, my mom is a banana hound!). Thank you so much girls for helping me to conquer this fear!!

4 comments:

Elle February 21, 2009 at 5:10 PM  

Oh my god! What a find! I LOVED the Sweet Valley Twins. Sad but true fact - I had the same bedspread that appeared on none of their SVU books. Such a nerd.

Glad you had such a good day!!

Jaime February 21, 2009 at 6:47 PM  

omg sweet valley high! what an old time favorite :) thanks for bringing back the memories girl! your eats sound good-- LOVE stirfry! glad you had a nice workout! i really love a good sweat session. and so glad you are listenin to your doc! salsa dancing sounds amazing-- hope you have the best time! and OMG i'm on a total banana kick as well! did you check out the banana cream i made??
http://www.fearlessfabulousfulloflife.com/2009/02/homemade-frozen-banana-cream.html

so good! :) xoxoxox

Kiki February 22, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Hm, I've never heard of the Sweet Valley books. I'm glad you found so many of them though!

Hope you had fun salsa dancing!

tinyirishdancer February 22, 2009 at 10:18 AM  

Aww. Thank you for your sweet comment. =]

Libraries = <3. Although I can waste an alarming amount of time in them...

Mhmm. Your foodies sound yummay. I love Kashi products too!

Hope you had fun salsa dancing, and have a lovely Sunday!