Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's!!

Happy Valentine's Day girls!!! Can you believe it's here already??? It seems like just the other day we were still celebrating Christmas!! I love this season because of the warmth and love that it spreads and the cute decorations in all of the stores. Hearts and polka dots, and pinks and purples and reds galore!! Hershey's kisses the size of baseballs, aisles overflowing with sappy Love cards, and dozens of different heart-shaped plates, cups, and mugs. It makes me so giddy with excitement every time I see another V-Day item.

Well I figure I owe y'all a recap of this week. College life has kept me on my toes and cra-zay busy! Here's a small sampling:


This Week's Craziness
  • My car door is broken. No, not the passenger side, by the driver's side. It refuses to open from the inside now, so I have to roll down the window, unlatch it from the outside, open the door and roll the window back up again. I swear my car is possessed. When it's not trying to hurl me out the door at 60 mph because the locks are on the fritz, it's trying to trap me inside so that I cannot escape.*
  • I made the decision with my mom to schedule an appointment with my dietitian again. I am meeting with her this Tuesday at 3:00. Wish me luck. I'm nervous (because I don't want to gain wait), but a little bit excited (because I have been really hungry and just want to eat again). I really wish that I could just do this whole "recovery thing" without the weight-gaining part. Life would be so much easier.
  • I think I have gone to the rec center every day this week. Mostly cuz it's cold outside and I'm a wimp. It might be a new record. The gym attendants are starting to give me funny looks and this one guy there (who I think has a crush on me) asked me if I was still eating good and stuff. I told him that my gym class is having us do a lot of cardio for training purposes. I feel bad...I am such a liar.....But I still really hate mentioning that I have had/still have an ED even though I don't always feel like I have one. Bleh.
  • I received my V-DAY package from my V-DAY buddy!!! It came Thursday afternoon but I waited until the night to open it because I wanted to build up the suspense.

Here are the pics!!

My secret buddy was Lida from Octopuscarwash's Gourmet Adventures!! You should go check out her blog! She is an amazing photographer and an excellent cook!

The package arrived in this totally cute wrapping paper!! It couldn't have screamed ME any louder.


She also sent me a sweet card with her hand-drawn picture of a "demented octopus with only six tentacles." I love it!


Inside the package were a whole bunch of goodies! I was squealing with delight as I took out each one. First, I found a package of erasers from China!! Each eraser is in the shape of different Chinese foods like rice, noodles and a pineapple. These are just too precious to use for erasing!

Then I found......

A sock-clasp purse with a lipstick design and a broccoli cell phone charm!!! I think I am pretty much in love with the charm!! It definitely represents recovery in some small way and is just too cute for words!!! I think that I am going to put it on display on my key chain!

She also sent me an unpictured box of Chinese tea leaves(!!) and her homemade granola. The granola looks really yummy and I'm just going to have to force myself to try some of it, no matter what ED says. I did have a pic of these but it mysteriously disappeared...grr...

It was just such a wonderful surprise and so encouraging to know that I have found a loving, supporting blogging community who relates to me and loves me back as much as I love them!! Thank you so much Lee for setting this up, and thank you Lida!!

Today was kind of a slow day although I did my best to make the most of it. Around 11:30 I headed off to the gym to do some cardio. Since I've gone so frequently I am trying to mix things up a little bit each time I go. Today I did:

10 minutes of fast-paced walking on the track.

20 minutes on the stair stepper.

10 minutes of stationary bicycle.

Leg press, ab press, various other toning exercises.

It almost killed me not to do at least 50 minutes of cardio at the gym but I wanted to give my body some rest and I knew I would be walking an additional 10 minutes later on anyways.

After working out I came home for lunch, watched a couple episodes of my mom's favorite program with her and then went to TAR-JAY!! I have a $25 dollar gift certificate there that I have been wanting to use so I figured that I deserved a little shopping time. However, it takes me forever when I shop for myself. I must have spent at least an hour and a half before I finally decided to head back home. The problem is that I hate spending money on myself and I'm so indecisive. I guess I'm just worried that I won't buy "the right thing." But I did manage to come home with a few goodies that I really like. I got a cute new lunchbox with multi-colored polka dots, some colorful floral kitchen towels, and eye shadow. I try and post pics tomorrow.

I've also been reading this really incredible book, called "Frannie in Pieces." It's about a fifteen year old girl who is dealing with the aftermath of her father's death. It's by the same author of "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" series. I am so captivated I have already worked through about 230 pages. I can't wait to find out the ending!

Here's the Eats!

Breakfast 1/2c Oatbran 1TB Peanut Butter Bosc Pear Cascade Cherry Yogurt 10 Carrots

Snack before Workout 1/2c Applesauce w/ Cinnamon

Lunch 2 Slices No-Salt Bread 1 oz Avochado (yes I know I spelled this wrong, but it sounds cooler) 1 TB Hummus Assorted Veggies Sliced Tomato Pieces Granny Smith

Dinner 6 oz of Tofu sauteed with Assorted Veggies in Vegetable Broth 1 TB Nutritional Yeast Granny Smith Apple and 1/2c Silk Lite Vanilla warmed with 1/2c tsp Cocoa Powder and 2 Wheetabix biscuits, I was in the mood for something sweet...

I also snacked on a small apple at about 9 because I was famished. Surprisingly I don't feel much guilt about it...

Well I'm tired. Have a good night girls!

3 comments:

Kiki February 15, 2009 at 5:21 AM  

What a great secret cupid package! Those erasers are too cute for words. Good luck at the dietitian! Remember, she doesn't want to "make you fat", she just wants to help you be as healthy as possible. And if that means gaining weight, then you can rest assured knowing that it will help you destroy ED even more. Enjoy your Sunday!

Lida February 15, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

i'm so glad you liked it! such a cute post about it! and i'm really flattered that you think i'm an excellent photographer.
let me know when you try that granola! i've had a few friends with EDs and i know how hard it is... but keep it up!
Lida

Em February 15, 2009 at 8:53 AM  

those erasers are awesome! and so your owl background! :)