Friday, February 6, 2009

PICTURE DAY!!

Good evening ever-body. Hope you all are doing well.

I am SORE everywhere!! Yesterday in Strength Toning my teacher had us do a series fitness circuits. We had to do 4 minutes each of squats, scissors lunges, walking lunges, pushups, side bends, planks, jumping jacks, and other stuff. It was hard!! But I felt great afterward and I love feeling sore.

Today was kind of a long, hard day but I managed to pull through okay.

First of all I woke up this morning (early) to the sound of my sister fighting with my dad about not wanting to go to school. Eh. Not fun. Normally I wouldn't have allowed this affect my eating for the day because I get very upset when people in my family fight, BUT I have learned to work through the anger and sadness and not cut back!! Yea.

Later on in the day I walked to the library to chill and give myself time to calm down about the fight this morning. Even though it was REALLY windy all day, I found my walk to be quite enjoyable and relaxing. The sun rays beat down, the air was warm and I just felt good.

The rest of the day went okay too, although it was pretty--yawn--booooorrring.

But then after coming home from work, I had myself a d-licious dinner and went FOOD SHOPPING.

I never realized this, but I actually enjoy shopping for my own food. I like walking up and down the aisles, and scouting for new products that I can eat. I especially love going to Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage! They have the best products, all natural, totally healthy and I love seeing the different varieties of food. Pumpkin seed butter, Carob Powder, Hempmilk:) It's like being in a museum. I love it. Sometimes I don't even need food, and I just go in to look around.

*****

I finally remembered to put the card in my phone so I can post pictures now!! Here's a little of what went down today.



Ate breakfast in my totally cute Valentine's bowl that I got at Safeway. This bowl makes me smile every time I use it, and just makes eating so much more fun!


After the library I was really really hungry and came back and prepared this for lunch.


That's an eggwhite and tuna patty-ish thing (I microwaved the eggwhite and the tuna together in a bowl) on my numero uno No-Salt bread, with one ounce of avochado and assorted veggies on the side. I also had a Granny Smith apple and a cup of Silk Lite Vanilla. Yummy.

I didn't get a chance to photograph my dinner, but here's some pics of food shopping!! Hehe the customers must have thought I was a loon. First I went to Albertsons, but I didn't get anything. I did find some cool looking stuff though.




Look at this! Wine Jelly from Italy. How cool is that?

Plus I found this


Did you know they sold biscotti in stores??? I didn't. BTW, biscotti is Italian. I learned that from my class this week:)

Well, Albertson's was a bust so I hopped on over to Vitamin Cottage to finish up my search.

After browsing around for a bit I headed straight for the yogurt for some Greek deliciousness.



But I found this instead! Greek yogurt with--gasp!--figs on the bottom!! It was too good to be true! Never before have I seen something quite so scrumptious looking. The fig is absolutely my FAVORITE fruit. I used to love snacking on the Nabisco Fig Newton's when I was a little girl. One of the days I am so going to eat the Newman's version! They look so yummy!!!

I ended up not going with the fig yogurt:( though. Sigh. Stupid ED said that it had waay to much fat in it. Pshaw. But I will be back to try it someday. Instead I ended up getting


Two containers of plain, non-fat
Greek Yogurt. I can't wait to eat it tomorrow with breakfast, because I've never tried this brand before.

I also got

Zen Soy Portable Cappuccino (also an Italian word) Soymilk!!! These are so gooooood!!! Brings back the good-ole days of sipping on frothy cappuccinos, aaahhhh.

I have a super big day tomorrow. I volunteered to help with Habitat for Humanity in my area and I am going to be working for like 8 hours straight. I'm really excited for this opportunity but a little nervous. I hope my body is strong enough to handle the hard work and I can at least be sensible to bring a little extra food for nourishment. Wish me luck!!

Here's the full eats!

Breakfast
1/2c Oatbran
1 TB Peanut Butter
Cascade Cherry Yogurt (mixed with the hot oatbran it tastes like a cherry cobler!! so goood!)
Granny Smith Apple
10 Carrots (for some weird reason I always crave carrots with breakfast)

Lunch
2 Slices No-Salt Bread
1/4c All Whites
About 1 oz of Tuna
Slices of Plum Tomato
Assorted Veggies
1 oz Avochado!
Red Delicious Apple
1 c Silk Lite Vanilla

Snack
1/2c of frozen blueberries (I am working on building up my snack again but I am happy I can at least to this. Soon I'm going to upgrade it to a full fruit and then after that more and then I won't be so nervous. I think it was stupid anyway that I cut out the snack though. I get soo hungry and I didn't have a problem eating it before. Stupid ED....)

Dinner
1c Private Selection Low Sodium Tomato Soup
1 TB Nutritional Yeast
6 oz of Tofu
Assorted Veggies
Granny Smith Apple


Yea I coulda done one more grain here, but I was feeling...cantankerous I suppose.

Well, goodnight girls!!

P.s. posting pictures is a PAIN!!! I keep having to move everything around!!!

3 comments:

Kiki February 7, 2009 at 4:19 AM  

Glad you managed to push through the ED feelings this morning and go onto have a wonderful day! I love food shopping too, especially at WF. Haha my dance teacher is always drinking those cartons of flavored soymilk during class!

Cute bowl, too. Enjoy your day!

aussirish February 7, 2009 at 5:07 AM  

heya girlie,
im glad you managed to pull through the ed feelings.
i love food shopping too :) i think mosted suffers do lol. its an odd fasination but a very common one.
cute bowl :)
have a great night hun, keep positive
xxxxx

Nothing but Sunshine February 7, 2009 at 8:20 AM  

Thank you so much for your post-i have tried to gain weight in the past and i would consciously tell myself you need to be bigger keep eating but i didn;t realize that my restrictive behavior was actually getting worse and i was losing weight! it was like my head was completely messing with me and i was lying to myself.
But over winter vacation i went to see my doctor and had a long talk with her about how my health is in jepordy because of my low weight so i've been working every day on bulking on my meals. I'm sure a nutritionist would help me so i don't deceive myself again.
but i really appreciate your post because it gave me jsut the heads up i need to keep myself in check and make sure i don't fall back into those dangerous ways.
xo mary